Friday, February 8, 2008

The weekend .. yeah!

This morning, we had a relaxed morning, for once. The kids played in the bath and Beckman took a 15 minute shower, while I slowly got ready for the day. It seems there is always something the we need to do or be at by 9am everyday. I love the days, when the schedule is not so tight. Last night/yesterday was a bit different. We had Beckman's ear tubes surgery follow-up in WA. I was leisurely walking around the house when I realized it was 3:40. Time to change the diapers, get snacks ready and be in the doctor's office (40 -45 minute drive with traffic) for a 4:15 appointment. Mad rush, we get in the car and then sit in traffic. We got there at 4:30 and saw the doctor at 5:15 for a three minute consulation. So, my question to these doctor's offices is this...Why do you pull me and my two young boys from a waiting room full of toys to ..a small room with a few books, drawers of scissors/small objects and buttons galore(that can't be touched) while we wait for TWENTY MINUTES for a doctor.

So, as I'm checking out of the doctor's office, one needs a diaper change. So, the three of us go to the bathroom. As I'm changing Lukas, Beckman proceeds to put his hands in the toilet (no lid of course). This is as I am praying I suddenly grow that third arm. I scream as I see his lil hand go in there. The staff outside the bathroom obviously thought "boy, you have your hands full." I know this, because - of course, as usual - they tell me this. Yes - I know, they are wild. But, truly, they act pretty well for the circumstances. Moral of the story: I need to have a third arm! I will sneak that into Lukas' prayers tonight.

After six days and Hans' persistance, I took Lukas to the Ped. Dr. today. The limp he has is still going on, but just here and there..not all the time. As I explained to the nurse that he had a limp, she said, "Oh, he fell this morning?" The minute I said Sunday, she looked at me in horror. Another reason to feel guilty and yet another chapter in my bad mama book. But, (luckily) just as I thought, only a slight sprain and nothing to worry about.

Milestone: Beckman said no to me today.... the first of the thousands of times I will hear that one.

Another moment in time: We realized that our son, Lukas, has better manners than us... Hans sneezed the other night, and we were both silent until Lukas said, "Bless you Papa." It was very sweet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It was so fun to play with y'all today :) See you this weekend!