Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Saturday

The world has changed since I last wrote on this blog. Obama's inauguration was amazing! Because both children were extremely sick with the flu, they allowed me to watch it all from about 8am to 11pm that day. I watched every bit. Now, I don't agree with all he stands for but I was definitely caught up in the moment of a black man becoming President. I remember watching the coverage in the early morning. The cameras were focused on the Blair House, where he staying. When they walked out to get in the car, I cried. Again, when he was ready to walk out on the platform. My favorite picture was of him a second before he walked out. It was taken from the back and you could almost see him taking his last breath before stepping out there. I saw it one time on tv and have never seen it again. I continue my search! I love the fact that my children will never know the world before a black President. We will see how it all pans out in the long run, but it is a step forward in the right direction. America is in a state of emergency and I can only hope he is the answer to our prayers. There are so many people that don't see blacks as their equal. I know that some people think this b/c of how and where they were raised, i.e. how the black people were treated where they lived etc. I have had countless conversations with friends who feel this way. They aren't changing their minds anytime soon. I don't understand it, but it is what it is and I respect their opinion(s). In my mind, a trashy white is just as bad as a trashy black...you either have class or you don't! I hope that Obama can change some minds and in turn, bring a generation to a different acceptance and thinking.
The boys were very sick for over a week. The whole deal... coming out of both ends. Hans ended up getting it, but I was spared. I'm not sure how that happen, being I was kissing on them etc. It was a glorious day when we finally got back to normal!

On a lighter note:
Today, Hans took Lukas to a Car show, Maritime Center, lunch on the Creek and the marina. Needless to say, Lukas was super pumped! A full day with just Daddy. About 3pm, Lukas called me and was excited, but then ... only wanted to talk to his brother. So, there they were - Lukas and Beckman gabbing on the phone. It was so sweet and it melted my heart. Yesterday, Lukas insisted that Beckman stay for his speech appt. Everything Lukas did, Beckman would copy. Again, so cute! Beckman and I headed to the grocery store for triple coupon day. (I know, so exciting!) He loves the beach, so we went there afterwards and then to Target. He was, for the most part, well-behaved. The water was frigid and he wanted to go in, so he became insistent on it...we left. He knows how to be pissed off, that is for sure. Lil Stinker!



Beckman is always coloring, or painting. He loves the Color Wonder books/pens. They are clear but when used on the special CW paper, they are color. He falls asleep coloring qutie often. We just had to get a picture of it! He was coloring in the dark!


Lukas and Caroline (a friend --over playing). Love the pink hat Lukas!





This is from today .. he wanted to wear Beckman's shirt (well, his old one). A little small, but always looking cute!

No comments: