It is very exciting for me, as a parent, to watch my kids play together and truly enjoy it. I used to have to make sure Lukas had someone (his age) to play with. Now, I can pop the kiddies in the car and go wherever and they have fun together. Lukas has been teaching and showing Beckman all sorts of things around the house and how they work. You can tell he feels so proud of himself for helping Beckman. Of course, B worships Lukas and completely melts when he has his attention. As long as Lukas isn't touching his McQueen car...everything is A-OK! Yes, Beckman is still OBSESSED with his car he got the week before Christmas - supposed to be the big Christmas morning gift. If he hasn't had it around him for awhile and he finds it... there is a huge smile on his face, like they are long lost buddies.
The other day we were on a walk and I had knelt down and had Lukas run into my arms. After I put him down, Lukas did the same thing to Beckman. B ran into L's arms and L lifted him up - feet off the ground - and turned around. Beckman was so excited, that he kept hugging Lukas and they actually fell to the ground. They got up, held hands and continued walking. It was one of the moments that make it all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment