My Mom, aka Mormor, has come and gone. She arrived last Tuesday. I took the boys to greet her and they were so excited. Lukas ran to her and wouldn't let go. We did all sorts of fun activities during her visit. Besides school and appointments, we went to the Boone Hall Fall Festival/Pumpkin Patch, My Gym, the beach, Downtown Farmer's Market, pool (yes, it was freezing! ..well, by my standards), Children's Museum, out to lunch - twice! (what a treat! I never go to lunch), some parks and playgrounds, bike rides, walks, ice cream store, and one night Mom and I headed downtown for the Art Walk. It really was fun. We soaked up the time we had together so we can make it through a few more months til our next visit together.
Lukas would introduce his mormor and tell people that he was so proud of his mormor. I have to say, that was so sweet.
Lukas would wake up and go straight to Mormor. No hug for Mommy or Daddy, it was all about Mormor. Beckman would give her kisses and hugs. The dropoff today was sad. We pulled away and Beckman wailed and Lukas cried. Of course, the emotional train wreck I am .. cried a river.
Beckman has been talking up a storm. His lil brain is busy figuring out the world. He knows so much more than I realize. I love watching it all unfold.
The other night we had a reference book out and Hans and Mom were showing Lukas some pictures of constellations. After they were done, he turned the page and said that we all live in the Milky Way and pointed to the picture. The three of us looked at each other and wondered who filled him in on that. He probably learned it from the Curious George or Little Einsteins. (we can't take credit for that hehe)
So, back to reality again. Hans fell on Saturday and had sprained his ankle. He is healing just fine. I am tagging items for a consignment sale this weekend. We are purging all the 'baby' stuff. I will out of my 'missing my mama' funk, hopefully next week or so. :)
1 comment:
Kristy, your Mom is so pretty! It looks like the boys really enjoyed her visit. Love your new background too...
Post a Comment