Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MMO

MMO - code for Mother's Morning Out.

Beckman is in a gym class and they offer a Wed morning (9-11:30am) where you can drop your child off. I felt comfortable signing him up. They are all very nice and the owner was going to be there.

I drop Lukas off at his school, then Beckman. He runs into the play area - thinking I'm right behind him I'm sure. I left. Now, I had explained to him that I was going to leave but would come back.

I cried and cried once I got in my car. I didn't expect it at all. Then, I toughend up and started my errands. I got a lot done but when I finished, it was only 10:45. I drove around for 30 minutes. Finally, at 11:15 I had to go in. He was just hanging out. He gave me a smile, hug and kiss and we were out of there. They said he was pretty good. (I assume no crying) I had to run out of there because one little boy saw me and then looked for his mommy (and started crying) Note to self: Go at the exact pickup time. I wouldn't want someone doing that to my kid.

A good experience and I will do it again. But, it did make me a bit sad. I'm so used to being with him all the time. I missed him. I know what you're thinking... "it was only 2 hours Kristy" Maybe next time I will just go sit at Barnes and Noble, drink coffee and read. Maybe that will be a little easier.....I will have to wait and see.

No comments: