It's late, but I had to write down today's events before I forgot the details.
We woke up at 7:15am and had to be in the car at 7:30. Hans and I mad-dashed through the house and off I went at 7:35am. Lukas had his 6 month dermo appt to check for any new moles. He had the one removed in April and it was a dramatic experience for him. I outright lied to him this morning and told him I was the one going for a doctor appt. Our appt was 8am, first of the day, but the doctor didn't come in until 8:30am. What a crock! Anywho...once we got in the room, I explained they would just be looking at arms and legs. He flipped out when she started looking at him. Come to think of it, the only doctor he never does that with, is the ped. Thanks for small favors on that! Our Dr. Weaver is the best! We love him.
ok.. back to our day... he has no new moles and I was very relieved that it all checked out. He does have a scar from the mole removal. She told me that it will stay the same size and as he gets bigger, it seem smaller. I should know that (common sense) but somehow I've only fbeen ocused on the scar ... I guess I see it and am scared of what it meant/means. But, all is well now.
So, we leave there and go through Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and choc donut with sprinkles for the boys. The major treat .. they love that. We were meeting up for a playdate at the park. We go and hang out for about 1 1/2 hours. The park is connected by a fence/gate with a pool. Beckman found a space that he squeezed through. I saw him doing it and promptly meet him on the other side. But, he darted away from me and headed straight for the pool. He sort of stopped at the pool and before I knew it he jumped in (4 feet of water). I don't even think his feet touched the bottom and I was in there. Yep - I jumped right in - sweatpants, shirt, socks and tennis shoes. We got out and he was a little bit shaken but totally fine. If I could get into his lil head to figure out the reasoning behind it, I would. I knew he was fine - it all went down in less than 30 seconds. I got out of that pool and started laughing so hard. It truly was hysterical. Like I said, he was fine ..I was right there. My friend, her two kids and Lukas watched it happen behind the gate. Apparently, Lukas started laughing out loud talking about how "My mama is so funny" hehe So, we load into the car. My sweatpants are so drenched that I had to take them off for the mile ride home. I put the car in reverse, look through the back window and Lukas says, "Mama, you are soaking wet. You are so funny!" He laughs his deep laugh and I laugh and wish I had it on video. We would of totally won America's Funniest Videos. (Hans' fav show)
So, now it's 10:45am. We go home and kids collapse on the couch. They were wiped out from their morning. We ate lunch, Beckman took a small nap, and then we headed to the kid's gym for a free play with Lukas' friend. They had so much fun. Afterwards, I did a bad thing and filled them up with more sugar by taking them to the ice cream store. I can hardly believe they are sleeping after all that sugar. But, they loved it and today, I wanted to spoil them.
Doctor, park, "swimming", gym play, ice cream, wiggles, bed ... woo hoo! Life is good!
10 years ago
1 comment:
OH my goodness...I'm glad he is OK! I would have done the same thing! Thank goodness Lukas checked out and Beckman was OK!
Post a Comment