Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mutt vs. Pure Blood

On our first date at TBonz Downtown (June of 1995), Hans pronounced me a mutt. I was a little English, lot of Irish, some French Canadian etc. He proclaimed himself a pure blood Swede! While Lille and Thorkil were here, we were discussing genealogy. Thorkil was saying how his father was Danish and his mother Swedish and that their last name was Boch until the mid 1700's when they changed it. So, I said, "Hans, you are a mutt too!" He explained that in truth he is a true Swede, because that part of Denmark belonged to Sweden at one time. Yes, I knew he would say this, because I have of course heard it before... but I just couldn't resist. My husband can argue a point til you forget what the discussion started as. So, we will go with his philosophy on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mutts vs. Purebloods-- which is better? This reminds me of alcoholic drinks. A shot of straight liquor is fine now and then, but mixed drinks are far more interesting and yummy, no?