Friday, May 30, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit

Yes, the boys have more than the usual 4 Grandparents. Lucky them! Even more wonderful is that they come visit! My Dad and Yvonne came to see us a few weeks back. The boys and I headed to the airport to get them. It was crowded and the boys were wired. I had actually thought I would fly with them by myself this summer. Wrong! I could barely handle 30 minutes in an airport.

We started our visit playing in the backyard, and going for a bike ride. We headed to the beach on Thursday. That night, our friends the Engels were visiting from MI. So, a big group of us headed out downtown. We made it to Wet Willies (have to admit, one of my fav places) and that place where they dance on the bar. That was pretty hilarious. We had fun hanging out and going to the beach a few times. Beckman took his first nap at the beach. He's very good at it now. Give him a shoulder and he's out. It's great, because we can stay at the beach for hours now. Last year, we would last about an hour. How times change!

So, now all the grandparents have come and gone. We miss them all and I am very lonely for family. I'm such a sap. I'm the known 'crier' in my family. Those goodbyes are always hard for me.

Here are some pictures from Dad and Yvonne's trip. Dad spent a lot of time with Lukas in the ocean. Yvonne had both boys on her chair with her for awhile.








No comments: