Friday, April 4, 2008

A week in the life


Last week, Lukas was off of school and we didn't have one appointment! I really can not remember the last full week we had off. My dear friend Cammy (from my hometown) was in Hilton Head for the week with her husband and two kids. They invited us to their vacation spot. The boys and I went on Tuesday for the night. In less than 30 hours, we rode bikes, went swimming, went to the beach, playground, etc. It always amazes me how much fun you have when you are away from home. The boys had a blast and loved hanging out with 'older' MacKenzie and Graham. I miss them terribly, especially now that I had some time with them. Cammy and I have known each other since we were 5, went to school together and then lived together in college. She is one of those people that I can not imagine being without. I'm so lucky to have her as my friend.

Life got back to normal this week. Lukas was very excited to go back to school. He read his first word this week... I wrote Mama loves Lukas on an erasable board. I asked him what it said, thinking he would say Lukas. He told me it said mama. I did a double take/listen. Apparently, late talkers sometimes read earlier. My baby reading his first word and it was my name. Being that his first spoken word was car, I will be living with the wonderful thought that his word read was my name!

Beckman is showing no fear in his attempt to scare the crap out of me ...sometimes an hourly basis. He will literally throw his body onto pillows etc. Late last week, I accidently left the gate open upstairs. He was half way down when I saw him. He lost his footing and fell about 5 steps. It was a soft fall thank goodness. He wouldn't even let us get a full body check before he was running back for the stairs. I think he actually wanted to fall again. What the heck!

No comments: