Monday, June 1, 2009

Piccolo Children's Festival

Yes, I'm a sucker! Bought these .. but they did have a blast with them. I'm not sure about all those around us.



Seed and Feed

The must-do -- painting on the large canvas





this kid will not turn down a chance for a blue icee or snocone!



We love us some Piccolo! I absolutely adore Memorial Weekend through mid-June. Everything comes to life with Spoleto Festival! Of course, with kids I am not able to partake in as many festivities as I would like .. a few years from now, I'll be back in the swing. For now, we do a little here and there. Every year, we go see the Seed and Feed band from Atlanta. They march at night for the adults and in the day for kids. They are whacky - fun -funny looking people that always make me smile. They are simply a bunch of adults that play instruments and dance around with batons --some dressed in drag. It's all good with me... you have to be a stone not to smile at least once with a man with a bread throws a baton high in the air and kicks his leg onto his bumm. Loves it!

So, we (us and Brenda and Larry - visiting from Raleigh) went there last weekend. Usually the kids are totally into the crafts and all. This time, not so much. Tired, and just wanting to hang out. So, we walked around, got a bite to eat, watched some singing and dancing ..a little painting.

Next year, I must go to more events...

1 comment:

Two Little Lambs said...

Such cute pics! Looks like so much fun.