Sunday, August 31, 2008

September

I am still trying to grasp the idea of a hurricane, once again, striking LA. Before that, my head was trying to wrap around the idea that we 'will' have a black Prez or woman VP come Jan. Hans and I have some varying opinions on the world around us. He is much more knowledgeable when it comes to 'what is actually happening'. Hans is a Republican. He really should campaign for McCain. He believes in the Republican way full heartily. Of course, he works for the Govt (as a contractor), so he knows that side of it also. I, on the other hand, go with who I like. We have had many friends tell us they are shocked we are together, because some of our views vary so much. Opposites attract! The other night at dinner, Hans and I were talking about something political and I guess I was getting all worked up, because Lukas got up from the table, came over to me and kissed me on the cheek. Hans and I love debating each other. The world is changing, but I still feel like Hans and I are in a little bubble with two boys. Living in the 'burbs' can do that to you. :)

It's Labor Day Weekend and we are taking it easy. Aunt Jen gets here on Thursday night and we are looking forward to it. The boys haven't seen her since December, so that should be fun. Lukas met his preschool teacher on Thursday. He clung to me for about the first 40 minutes. As people started to leave (all kids and parents and siblings were there -- craziness), he warmed up. The main teacher, Miss Angela, is very nice. When we were ready to leave, she asked to shake his hand. When she reached out her hand, he was going in for a hug. I explained that he's a hugger. So, she bent down and he went full speed into hug mode. She almost got knocked over. He hugged the Asst Teacher (Miss Michelle) also. Later that day I questioned him to see if he was paying attention (chair colors, what was on the walls etc.) and he knew it all. So, that is good. He seems excited to start. He will go for 3 1/2 hours each time and have lunch there. Yippee! I have all sorts of fun things planned to do with Beckman.


I can hear the boys fighting downstairs and Hans taking care of it. I love weekends!


Last Sunday, Jonas and his two children (Sofia & Alex) invited Hans and Lukas to go sailing. They were out there all afternoon. Lukas LOVED it! He was even able to steer the sailboat, which he thought was the coolest thing. They might be able to go again tomorrow. Beckman has a double ear infection, along with a stuffed up nose. I spent a few hours in the urgent care place yesterday. He is on medicine and hopefully within a few days will feel better. The 'cold' has been going around to the three of us (Beckman, me, Hans, now Beckman again) for over a month. We hope this is the end of it... but Fall is upon us. All the kids start getting sick around now.


Lukas' imagination is in full swing now. I'm sure it was always there, but the difference now is ... he talks about it. He is always coming up with funny stories. He cracks himself up. The boys have become very attached to one another. Lukas is always wondering what 'baby' is up to, if he's not with him. They wrestle and chase each other. In the backseat of the car, they are always making each other laugh. Lukas will even hold Beckman's hand in the backseat (when he feels like it of course). Lukas is very good at reining in Beckman when we are walking into the store etc. He runs after him and holds his hand. So sweet!



Just what every Mother likes to see.. a child almost hanging off the end of the boat

He loved the Optimist also.



No comments: